Treasurers oversee the financial affairs of a company and ensure the organization adheres to all legal accounting practices. Their job is to maintain and improve the company’s financial standing by guiding financial policies, assessing risks, determining funding opportunities, and advising on investment opportunities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Treasurer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Treasurer to oversee the financial affairs of our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the protection of company funds, anticipating the company’s borrowing needs, and preparing financial reports. You will also be required to advise on loans or liquidity investments and ensure the company has sufficient funds to cover operational costs and capital investments.
To ensure success as a Treasurer, you should have in-depth knowledge of accounting practices, a good understanding of banking rules and regulations, and excellent communication skills. A top-class Treasurer can improve a company’s financial standing by expertly assessing risks and managing cash flow correctly.
- Managing the receipt, banking, and protection of company funds.
- Advising senior managers on risk assessments including company loans, investments, and liquidity.
- Anticipating the company’s borrowing needs.
- Maintaining the financial systems and policies controlling the company’s treasury activities.
- Maintaining third-party financial activities.
- Handling outsourced treasury functions.
- Preparing budgets and financial statements.
- Submitting forecasting and financial reports.
- Implementing legislative and financial policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous experience working as a Treasurer.
- CPA certification.
- Proficient with industry-related financial software systems including SAP and Oracle.
- Excellent communication and forecasting skills.
- Detailed knowledge of financial legislature.
- Knowledge of financing techniques and investment management.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to write and present financial reports.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources