Trauma Nurses work in emergency rooms, critical care units, and emergency flight teams to provide urgent care to patients suffering from serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Trauma nurses deal with the initial assessment of critically injured or ill patients, and are experienced in a wide array of urgent care medical procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Trauma Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working Trauma Nurse to work in various high-risk areas of the hospital. The Trauma Nurse provides the first assessment to stabilize and triage trauma patients, as well as diagnosing and caring for these patients. You should be able to perform emergency procedures, such as CPR, intubation, and inserting intravenous lines, as well as assist trauma surgeons in emergency operations.
A successful Trauma Nurse should be able to handle demanding and complex problems, and remain calm in stressful situations. You should be dedicated and able to deal with traumatized patients and family members. A Trauma Nurse will work in a chaotic and stressful environment, and should be able to handle serious injuries and illnesses.
Trauma Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing triage, diagnosis and care for trauma patients, and preventing secondary complications.
- Handling serious injuries and illnesses, such as car accidents, suicide attempts, and heart attacks.
- Preparing patients for emergency operations and assisting surgeons in the operation.
- Distributing emergency medications.
- Working with urgent care patients and traumatized family members.
- Managing a chaotic and stressful work schedule.
Trauma Nurse Requirements:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- A Registered Nurse license.
- 2 years' experience as an Emergency Nurse.
- A Trauma Nurse certification.
- The ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Dedication and attention to details.
- Good communication skills as well as interpersonal skills when dealing with patients.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources