Transportation Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly-capable transportation specialist to oversee our company's transportation division. You will be coordinating the safe transportation of our goods, preparing driver's schedules, and communicating with customers.
To ensure success as a transportation specialist, you should possess extensive knowledge of the operational side of transportation services, and experience in a similar role. A top-notch transportation specialist will be someone whose expertise in the field of transportation results in efficient and cost-effective services.
Transportation Specialist Responsibilities:
- Scheduling transportation services, allocating drivers, and planning routes.
- Negotiating contracts and processing payments.
- Keeping transportation operations within budget without compromising efficiency.
- Processing transportation documentation and monitoring drivers' logbook entries.
- Developing, implementing, and improving transportation policies and procedures.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising drivers and transportation division staff.
- Liaising between management, drivers, and customers.
- Collaborating with internal departments to optimize transportation services.
- Evaluating driver performance, handling customer queries, and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Complying to transportation regulations and company policies.
Transportation Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in transportation management, logistics, project management, or similar preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a transportation specialist in a related industry.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulations.
- Proficiency in transportation management software.
- Superb leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to provide operational support outside of business hours.