Transportation specialists manage transportation processes across a wide variety of organizations. They coordinate the movement of goods, products, materials, or people, ensure adherence to industry regulations, and prepare transportation schedules. They also oversee drivers who transport products or passengers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Transportation Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly-capable transportation specialist to oversee our company's transportation division. You will be coordinating the safe transportation of our goods, preparing driver's schedules, and communicating with customers.
To ensure success as a transportation specialist, you should possess extensive knowledge of the operational side of transportation services, and experience in a similar role. A top-notch transportation specialist will be someone whose expertise in the field of transportation results in efficient and cost-effective services.
Transportation Specialist Responsibilities:
- Scheduling transportation services, allocating drivers, and planning routes.
- Negotiating contracts and processing payments.
- Keeping transportation operations within budget without compromising efficiency.
- Processing transportation documentation and monitoring drivers' logbook entries.
- Developing, implementing, and improving transportation policies and procedures.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising drivers and transportation division staff.
- Liaising between management, drivers, and customers.
- Collaborating with internal departments to optimize transportation services.
- Evaluating driver performance, handling customer queries, and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Complying to transportation regulations and company policies.
Transportation Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in transportation management, logistics, project management, or similar preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a transportation specialist in a related industry.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulations.
- Proficiency in transportation management software.
- Superb leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to provide operational support outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources