Transport administrators coordinate the movement of goods, products, materials, or passengers. They develop and implement procedures to efficiently administrate freight, cargo, or passenger transportation services, prepare transportation schedules, and plan routes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Transport Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly organized transport administrator to manage our company's transportation services. You will be preparing transportation records, coordinating the safe and timely transportation of our goods, and providing customer services.
To ensure success as a transport administrator, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of transportation service operations and administrative experience in a similar industry. An accomplished transport administrator will be someone whose expertise results in cost-effective and efficient transportation services.
Transport Administrator Responsibilities:
- Scheduling transportation services, planning routes, and assigning drivers.
- Developing and implementing improved transportation administration policies and procedures.
- Processing shipping documents, including bills of lading.
- Managing budgets, as well as processing purchase orders and payments.
- Monitoring drivers' logbook entries and performing payroll administration.
- Liaising between managers and drivers, as well as collaborating with other departments to optimize transportation services.
- Planning routes and preparing schedules, as well as tracking and reporting progress with orders.
- Handling customer queries and escalating serious complaints to management.
- Complying to transportation regulations and company policies.
Transport Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in transportation management, project management, logistics, or a related field.
- At least two years' experience as a transportation administrator in a similar industry.
- Advanced competency in transportation management or logistics software.
- Extensive experience in processing shipping documents, orders, and payments.
- Solid knowledge of transportation industry regulations.
- Superb time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Availability to resolve operational issues outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources