Traders buy and sell securities on any financial market, either for themselves or on behalf of an individual or company, by using economic data and economic trends to predict the success or failure of securities. Traders seek to capitalize on the price fluctuations of securities.
Trader Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly driven Trader to buy and sell securities on the company’s behalf. The Trader’s responsibilities include analyzing short-term economic trends, assessing the risks of securities, and informing the relevant departments of recent trends as well as the face value of securities. You should also be able to evaluate the performance of trading strategies to assess whether they need to be implemented.
To be successful as a Trader, you should have in-depth knowledge of financial markets. A top-performing Trader should be able to make accurate judgment calls in respect of buying and selling securities.
- Buying and selling securities on behalf of the company.
- Evaluating trading algorithms.
- Implementing effective trading strategies.
- Working with quantitative researchers to improve trading strategies.
- Recording and reporting each day’s profit and loss.
- Regularly monitoring portfolios to ensure that they are guideline compliant.
- Keeping abreast with changes in the financial market.
- Assisting the company to attract new clients by maintaining and enhancing marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Should be licensed with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Proven trading experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- The ability to work well under stress.
- A solid understanding of financial markets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources