Tow Truck Operators assist with vehicle breakdowns and accidents. They drive to the scene of an accident or vehicle breakdown, connect the damaged vehicle to the truck, and tow the vehicle safely back to a service station or junkyard. Tow Truck Operators may also be required to perform minor roadside repairs, change tires, and jump-start cars.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tow Truck Operator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Tow Truck Operator to join our towing and recovery company. We will require you to operate one of our company vehicles, assisting our clients with breakdowns and accidents. Your duties will include driving to the site of the breakdown or accident, assessing the damage to the vehicle, making minor repairs, and towing the vehicle to a company-approved service station or junkyard if required.
To ensure success as a Tow Truck Operator, you should have basic mechanical and auto electrical skills, be able to communicate clearly, and have completed an advanced driving course. Ultimately, a top-class Tow Truck Operator provides a helpful and professional service for all clients.
Tow Truck Operator Responsibilities:
- Receiving communications from company dispatcher.
- Driving to the scene of a vehicle breakdown or accident.
- Interacting with the customer to find out the nature of the problem.
- Performing roadside vehicle diagnostics.
- Performing minor repairs.
- Jump-starting vehicles, changing tires, and reconnecting vehicle parts.
- Suggesting a course of action.
- Connecting the damaged vehicle to the truck with a chain, winch or steering block.
- Towing the vehicle to an authorized service station or junkyard.
- Reporting to base and completing paperwork.
Tow Truck Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with automotive maintenance and repairs.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics and electrical systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Completion of an advanced driving course.
- Good communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources