Tow Truck Operators assist motorists with vehicle breakdowns and accidents. They are dispatched by a towing company and assist with minor repairs or tow the damaged vehicle to an authorized service station.
When interviewing Tow Truck Operators, the most suitable candidate will have a good working knowledge of vehicle maintenance, advanced driving skills, and good communication skills. Be wary of candidates who have poor interpersonal skills or those who cannot spend long periods alone in a vehicle.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tow Truck Operators:
1. What made you want to work as a Tow Truck Operator?
Reveals the candidate’s personality and passion for the service industry.
2. What methods do you use to diagnose problems with a vehicle that has broken down?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of industry best practices.
3. How do you deal with emotionally unstable clients?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills and their ability to deal with stressful situations.
4. What was the most complex roadside repair you have performed?
Demonstrates the extent of the candidate’s knowledge and skills.
5. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a Tow Truck Operator?
Highlights potential problem areas.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources