Telecommunications Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a savvy telecommunications specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be required to design telecommunication network architecture, monitor computer system interactions, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues, and oversee the installation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunication systems.
To be a successful telecommunications specialist, you should possess detailed knowledge of a variety of communication systems and be analytically minded. A skilled telecommunications specialist should be able to easily diagnose network inefficiencies and offer cost-effective solutions.
Telecommunications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and engineers to define telecommunication requirements and technical specifications.
- Designing network architecture and telecommunication protocols.
- Overseeing the installation of new systems, equipment, and network infrastructure.
- Configuring network and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Monitoring telecommunication systems, network traffic, and computer interactions.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing network malfunctions, technical errors, and faulty equipment.
- Overseeing the implementation of repairs, modifications, and upgrades to network systems and equipment.
- Conducting routine maintenance of systems and devices as needed.
- Preparing technical documents, RCA reports, and operational manuals.
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in telecommunication technology and best practices.
Telecommunications Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in telecommunications, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Cisco CCNA certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a telecommunications specialist.
- Excellent knowledge of a variety of network systems, including wired, wireless, LANs, and WANs.
- Good understanding of telecommunications equipment such as fiber optics, satellites, routers, and switches.
- Proficiency in networking systems such as Avaya, Cisco, and NEC.
- Exceptional diagnostic and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work on the weekends.