Technical Architects are systems logistics specialists that design, implement, and maintain IT systems for business clients. They are responsible for designing the structure of new technology systems, overseeing the implementation of programs, and liaising with the software development team.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Architect Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Architect to oversee the design and implementation of our clients' IT systems. As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for meeting with the IT manager to discuss company processes, designing the structure of enterprise level IT systems, overseeing the project implementation, and measuring the performance of the new system.
To ensure success as a Technical Architect, you should have extensive knowledge of enterprise networking systems, advanced problem-solving skills, and the ability to project manage. A top-class Technical Architect can design and implement any size system to perfectly meet the needs of the client.
Technical Architect Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the IT Manager to determine the company’s current and future needs.
- Determining whether the current system can be upgraded or if a new system needs to be installed.
- Providing the company with design ideas and schematics.
- Project managing the design and implementation of the system.
- Meeting with the software developers to discuss the system software needs.
- Troubleshooting systems issues as they arise.
- Overseeing all the moving parts of the system integration.
- Measuring the performance of the upgraded or newly installed system.
- Training staff on system procedures.
- Providing the company with post-installation feedback.
Technical Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Previous work experience as a Technical Architect.
- Managerial experience.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise systems, networking modules, and software integration.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Familiarity with programming languages, operating systems, and Office software.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to see big-picture designs from basic specifications.
- Ability to problem solve complex IT issues.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources