Technical Architects are responsible for designing and implementing enterprise-level IT systems for company clients. They meet with company managers to discuss the needs of the business and project manage the installation of new systems while liaising with the software development team.
When interviewing Technical Architects, the ideal candidate will have strong managerial skills, extensive experience with enterprise systems, and good communication skills. Be ware of candidates with poor interpersonal skills and those with limited knowledge of networking systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Architects:
1. What information should you gather before designing a bespoke IT system?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills and understanding of systems structure.
2. How do you decide when a company should upgrade their existing technical system or install a new system?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical skills and knowledge of hardware.
3. What software and networking systems are you most familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of IT systems.
4. What do you think is the most important function of the Technical Architect?
Highlights areas of expertise and possible gaps in knowledge.
5. What was the most complex IT system you designed and installed for a client?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources