Surveillance Investigator Job Description Template
We are searching for a top-notch surveillance investigator to monitor and provide surveillance on individuals and events for our clients. In this role, you will be required to perform on-site and remote monitoring, track down persons-of-interest, draft reports, make recommendations to relevant persons, and utilize several kinds of surveillance equipment.
To ensure success as a surveillance investigator, you should be highly skilled at covert surveillance, investigating, and developing intelligence reports. A top-notch surveillance investigator has several years of experience in law enforcement or security and is up to date with the latest monitoring hardware and software in the industry.
Surveillance Investigator Responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients or relevant stakeholders on their requirements.
- Tracing and tracking persons of interest for video surveillance.
- Researching the person of interest and their behaviours.
- Employing skills and tactics to remain undetected by subjects.
- Utilizing surveillance equipment to monitor and observe subjects.
- Travelling to various locations to perform surveillance on individuals.
- Collecting evidence and other information as and when required.
- Performing operational assessments before commencing with surveillance.
- Reviewing and crystallizing information for further analysis and investigation.
- Reporting observations and findings to the relevant persons or clients.
Surveillance Investigator Requirements:
- A diploma in criminal justice, criminal law, policing, or military sciences.
- At least 2 years experience in the security, military, policing, or private investigations sectors.
- A strong technical background in surveillance and monitoring.
- Proficiency in operating surveillance equipment like cameras, drones, IMSI-catchers, and tracking hardware.
- Solid research and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of legal framework and procedures around surveillance and monitoring.
- Tracking and tracing experience along with knowledge of the relevant legislation.
- An eye for detail and the ability to remain extremely focused on tasks.
- Ability to observe, interpret, and anticipate human behaviours.
- Decisive thinking and the ability to adapt to various situations.