Subject Matter Experts are definitive sources of knowledge who contribute their expertise to enhance organizational efficiency. They evaluate organizational needs, determine suitable technical solutions, and ensure that defined requirements are met. They may work at businesses, organizations, or as independent consultants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Subject Matter Expert Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative Subject Matter Expert to guide the development of technical solutions for our business. As a Subject Matter Expert, your duties will include evaluating organizational needs and recommending suitable technical solutions. You may also be required to oversee the development, testing, and implementation of software solutions.
To ensure success, a Subject Matter Expert should possess an exceptional track record in evaluating organizational needs and pioneering the development of technical solutions. Outstanding Subject Matter Experts improve organizational efficiency by applying their expert knowledge to resolve complex challenges.
Subject Matter Expert Responsibilities:
- Applying subject expertise in evaluating business operations and processes.
- Identifying areas where technical solutions would improve business performance.
- Consulting across business operations, providing mentorship, and contributing specialized knowledge.
- Recommending technical solutions and determining software development requirements.
- Providing subject expertise and guidance to IT developers during the software development life cycle.
- Overseeing the development, testing, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Determining whether technical solutions meet defined requirements.
- Verifying technical reference information, including user guides, training manuals, and system requirements.
- Ensuring accurate representation of expertise prior to the distribution of technical solutions to end-users.
- Documenting processes and disseminating information to all relevant stakeholders.
Subject Matter Expert Requirements:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Six Sigma Black Belt professional certification, or similar.
- Demonstrable credentials as a leading Subject Matter Expert.
- 10-15 years of experience working in the relevant area of expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations and project management.
- Competency in electronic business management systems, like monday.com and ProWorkflow.
- Advanced ability to recommend and implement technical solutions for cross-functional projects.
- Knowledge of systems and software engineering to optimally integrate subject expertise in software solution designs.
- Exceptional leadership and mentorship abilities to introduce and implement technical solutions.
- Excellent recordkeeping, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources