Street Sweeper Operators ensure that the street sections allocated to them are kept safe and clean by performing trash removal and clearing dangerous obstructions. Their duties include driving street sweeping vehicles, operating specialized equipment attached to the vehicles, and performing regular maintenance checks.
When interviewing Street Sweeper Operators, look for candidates with extensive experience in all aspects related to street sweeping operations and an incident-free driving record. Avoid candidates who lack knowledge of specialized equipment and those who have limited experience in driving street sweepers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Street Sweeper Operators:
1. Which street sweeping duties seem deceivingly easy to inexperienced operators?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge and experience in street sweeping operations.
2. Can you tell me about the worst weather conditions you had to work in?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their ability to work in challenging conditions.
3. A high-pressure valve on a hose malfunctions on your shift. How do you respond?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of specialized equipment and their problem-solving skills.
4. Your street sweeper vehicle starts to skid out of control. What do you do?
Evaluates the candidate’s driving skills and experience.
5. What would you do if a driver accuses you of denting his car?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills, as well as their ability to follow procedures under pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources