A Service Manager manages the service department team and handles customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. The Service Manager ensures excellent customer service, maintains strong relationships with customers and third-party vendors, and ensures repeat customers.
Service Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Service Manager to manage our service department and handle customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. The Service Manager's responsibilities include providing the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, and managing the service team members. The Service Manager maintains a strong working knowledge of all industry standards and practices as well as the company's products and services.
To be successful as a Service Manager, you should display a strong sales-minded attitude as well as excellent leadership skills. You should also have the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with customers and third-party vendors.
Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and sales goals are met.
- Handling customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory.
- Setting up and maintaining a service desk and evaluating its efficiency.
- Resolving service desk problems and improving service methods to increase the service desk's productivity and customer service.
- Monitoring department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company's high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and Sales Representatives.
- Helping to train new employees in company procedures.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company's adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry's standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
Service Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, or related field.
- Previous sales and management experience may be advantageous.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and good organizational skills.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources