Interview Questions for Senior QA Engineers:
1. What skills do you think senior QA engineers need to be successful?
Highlights the candidate’s understanding of the role and reveals their skill-set.
2. Can you describe the key elements in a bug report?
Reveals a deeper understanding of bug fixing.
3. What is meant by the severity and priority of a defect?
Demonstrates knowledge of QA processes and product defects.
4. How would you resolve an issue where testing reports are showing poor results?
Reveals the candidate’s communication and managerial skills.
5. Can you list the challenges of product and software testing?
Highlights knowledge of the overall QA process and reveals possible gaps in knowledge.