Security managers oversee the security operations of organizations. They develop security strategies, implement security procedures, and supervise security officers and guards. They may be employed in various settings, ranging from businesses and warehouses to residential developments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Security Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable security manager to develop and implement security strategies at our company. You will be creating security policies and procedures, controlling budgets for security operations, and coordinating security staff.
To ensure success as a security manager, you should possess extensive knowledge of surveillance techniques and experience in a similar role. A top-notch security manager will be someone whose security expertise results in a safe and well-protected environment.
Security Manager Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with department managers to determine security needs.
- Planning and implementing comprehensive security strategies.
- Controlling the security operations budget, monitoring expenses, and documenting processes.
- Supervising, recruiting, and training security personnel.
- Gathering security intelligence and implementing preventative measures.
- Developing work schedules, allocating tasks, and monitoring personnel performance.
- Coordinating responses to emergencies and alarms, as well as compiling incident reports.
- Preparing surveillance equipment maintenance schedules and facilitating repairs in a timely manner.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and advancements in security services.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and security industry regulations.
Security Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State-prescribed security training, licensing, and registration.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in preventing illegal activity and performing access control.
- In-depth knowledge of security procedures and surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of security industry regulations.
- Advanced ability to coordinate responses to security breaches and threats.
- Superb leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Availability to respond to security alerts outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources