Security Consultants analyze and assess security systems and measures. They study and outline potential breaches and suggest applicable solutions. They may work for one company to oversee their security, or they may consult for other companies on security issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Security Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a strategic, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Security Consultant. Your responsibilities will include assessing potential security threats or breaches, and creating contingency plans for when breaches occur.
To be successful as a Security Consultant, you should have excellent attention to detail as well as strong strategic planning skills. Outstanding Security Consultants display great communication and interpersonal skills, as well as top-notch technical skills.
Security Consultant Responsibilities:
- Testing and analyzing assets for potential security threats.
- Identifying possible security threats and determining the best security measures.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining security protocols, policies, plans, and systems to cover all possible security threats.
- Coordinating and briefing a team of security specialists and assigning tasks.
- Meeting with clients to discuss security measures, provide information, and explained the designed system.
- Running risk assessment and security tests and designing countermeasures to eliminate as many potential risks as possible.
- Compiling and presenting reports on the test results.
- Suggesting improvements to existing security systems.
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, tools, trends, and technology.
- Training staff to recognize and defend against security breaches and risks.
Security Consultant Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Science, Computer Science, Security, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in security management or similar.
- Excellent technical skills for building security architecture aligned with the business's requirements.
- Strong computer coding and endpoint security skills.
- Great communication skills and the ability to present technical jargon in an understandable way.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- A highly logical, honest, and objective nature.
- Good teamwork and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources