Safety Director Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced safety director to join our company. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating and overseeing health and safety protocols for the company, and ensuring that staff members are properly informed regarding emergency preparedness, use of protective equipment, and accident protocol.
To ensure success as a safety director, you should display exceptional knowledge of company safety policies and relevant occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) standards. Ultimately, an outstanding safety director should be able to identify opportunities to minimize workplace health hazards quickly and efficiently.
Safety Director Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing workplace safety policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Providing personnel with safety-related information such as training sessions, emergency protocols, and proper use of safety equipment.
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date.
- Overseeing the company's daily operations and identifying opportunities for improvement of safety regulations.
- Performing safety audits and physically inspecting all work areas and jobsites to identify possible safety issues.
- Conducting risk assessments to minimize workplace accidents, occupational illnesses or long-term health hazards.
- Preparing monthly or annual safety reports and presenting the information to management.
- Collaborating with management to plan and implement a safety protocol budget.
Safety Director Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in safety management, environmental safety, or a similar field.
- A certificate in occupational health and safety management.
- At least 3 year's experience as a safety director or health and safety manager.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA standards and federal safety legislation.
- Solid knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices in the workplace.
- Familiarity with writing health and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Working knowledge of safety management software, such as iAuditor, SiteDocs, and Safesite.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.