Ruby on Rails Developers write server-side web-application logic using the open-source programming language Ruby. The logic is written around the Model View Controller (MVC) Framework, Rails. Ruby on Rails Developers are tasked with developing back-end components, connecting the application with web services, and supporting front-end developers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Ruby on Rails Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented Ruby on Rails Developer to manage the interchange of data between our users and the server. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the server-side logic for the central database, testing performance, troubleshooting, and integrating front-end elements into the application.
To ensure success as a Ruby on Rails Developer, you should have extensive experience working with Ruby and back-end integration techniques. Ultimately, a top-level Ruby on Rails Developer can create clean, functional code that perfectly suits the needs of the company.
Ruby on Rails Developer Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing new web applications.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications.
- Writing and maintaining reliable Ruby code.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Creating back-end components.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Integrating user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
- Connecting applications with additional web servers.
- Maintaining APIs.
Ruby on Rails Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails as well as libraries like Resque and RSpec.
- Ability to write clean Ruby code.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, Github, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Experience with AngularJS or BackboneJS.
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, RESTful, and ORM.
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages including Slim and Liquid.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources