Revenue cycle analysts are accountants who optimize businesses' revenue cycles from account creation to payment. They analyze incoming revenue against expenses, review billing practices, and perform revenue forecast analyses. They are employed in various business environments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Revenue Cycle Analyst Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-oriented revenue cycle analyst to improve our company's revenue cycle. You will be analyzing our revenue cycle procedures, tracking our revenue performance over time, and determining trends in order to increase our revenue in a cost-effective manner.
To ensure success as a revenue cycle analyst, you should possess sound knowledge of quantitative data analysis and experience in a related industry. An outstanding revenue cycle analyst will be someone whose expertise translates into informed business decisions that optimize revenue income.
Revenue Cycle Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyzing incoming revenue and measuring income against expenses.
- Developing and implementing improved revenue cycle processes and procedures from intake to collections.
- Reviewing billing practices to guarantee accurate revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Preparing for financial audits by ensuring procedural compliance in revenue reporting and collection.
- Overseeing bookkeeping practices and facilitating the collection of outstanding payments.
- Analyzing revenue cycle data, preparing revenue forecasts, and performing trend analysis.
- Preventing payment delays by handling account queries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Presenting revenue cycle reports and forecasts, as well as identifying opportunities to increase revenue.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in revenue cycle management.
Revenue Cycle Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or statistics.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- At least two years' experience as a revenue cycle analyst, or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue cycle data analysis and interpretation.
- Proficiency in accounting, data analysis, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting practices and industry regulations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Superb analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Advanced time-management and organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources