Retirement specialists are responsible for designing and implementing retirement packages for employees of a company. Their duties include calculating benefits, savings, and profit-sharing options, as well as evaluating pension programs for eligible employees. They also work with the HR department to resolve any benefits issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Retirement Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced retirement specialist to assist our employees in selecting a retirement or pension plan best suited to them. In this role, your key duties will include evaluating pension programs, explaining benefits to employees, and resolving any benefits-related issues,
To ensure success as a retirement specialist, you should be able to review and advise on benefits plans and packages based on available financial data. Ultimately, a top-notch retirement specialist should have a good understanding of labor laws, regulations, and company policies related to retirement benefits.
Retirement Specialist Responsibilities:
- Explaining retirement benefit plan policies, procedures, and legal requirements to eligible employees and beneficiaries.
- Conducting presentations for groups of beneficiaries or individual interviews with employees regarding retirement and pension options.
- Conducting retirement and benefits-related calculations and analysis, including withdrawal of contributions, and deferred retirement.
- Liaising with the financial department to provide verified and compiled data for the administration of benefits.
- Working closely with the HR department to resolve any benefits-related issues.
- Maintaining records of participants and beneficiaries including active, deferred, retired, and separated members.
- Ensuring retirement plans are administered in accordance with company guidelines and labor law. regulations.
Retirement Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration, accounting, or related field.
- At least three years' experience in retirement, insurance benefits, financial planning, or similar role.
- Solid understanding of laws, regulations, and company policies related to retirement benefits.
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply it to benefit plan policies and related documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software and HR database programs such as Zenefits, and Bamboo HR.
- Good communication skills and the ability to conduct professional interviews with company employees.
- Ability to organize employee data, and work well in a team.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources