Retirement Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced retirement specialist to assist our employees in selecting a retirement or pension plan best suited to them. In this role, your key duties will include evaluating pension programs, explaining benefits to employees, and resolving any benefits-related issues,
To ensure success as a retirement specialist, you should be able to review and advise on benefits plans and packages based on available financial data. Ultimately, a top-notch retirement specialist should have a good understanding of labor laws, regulations, and company policies related to retirement benefits.
Retirement Specialist Responsibilities:
- Explaining retirement benefit plan policies, procedures, and legal requirements to eligible employees and beneficiaries.
- Conducting presentations for groups of beneficiaries or individual interviews with employees regarding retirement and pension options.
- Conducting retirement and benefits-related calculations and analysis, including withdrawal of contributions, and deferred retirement.
- Liaising with the financial department to provide verified and compiled data for the administration of benefits.
- Working closely with the HR department to resolve any benefits-related issues.
- Maintaining records of participants and beneficiaries including active, deferred, retired, and separated members.
- Ensuring retirement plans are administered in accordance with company guidelines and labor law. regulations.
Retirement Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration, accounting, or related field.
- At least three years' experience in retirement, insurance benefits, financial planning, or similar role.
- Solid understanding of laws, regulations, and company policies related to retirement benefits.
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply it to benefit plan policies and related documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software and HR database programs such as Zenefits, and Bamboo HR.
- Good communication skills and the ability to conduct professional interviews with company employees.
- Ability to organize employee data, and work well in a team.