Resource managers assist project managers with human resources planning and staff allocation. They determine a company's capacity to meet the staffing requirement of projects, assign personnel to projects, and hire new employees. They may also manage payrolls and train staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Resource Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-driven resource manager to assign staff to our projects. You will be determining personnel requirements, providing ongoing support to project managers, and collaborating on resource management with multiple teams within our organization.
To ensure success as a resource manager, you should possess extensive knowledge of resource allocation and ideally have experience in a similar industry. A first-class resource manager will be someone who can accurately assess resource needs and provide sufficient capacity to realize projects' goals.
Resource Manager Responsibilities:
- Assigning available staff to projects based on their skills and experience.
- Hiring new staff in accordance with project budgets.
- Providing project managers with ongoing resource management and related support.
- Monitoring employee utilization, workload, and overtime hours.
- Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff.
- Assisting with HR-processes, such as payroll administration, compensation and benefit plans, and staff training.
- Collaborating on resource management with internal departments.
- Documenting processes and maintaining records.
- Keeping informed on labor laws and trends in resource management.
Resource Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, or similar.
- A post-secondary qualification in business management or finance will be advantageous.
- At least five years' experience in resource management in a similar industry.
- Proficiency in human resources and project management software.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable labor laws.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources