A Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete a project. The Project Engineer works to plan projects, establish project criteria, coordinate project reviews, and ensure the proper implementation of project elements.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Project Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer to assist with the scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing of technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality. The Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of ongoing projects and will establish inspection criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project.
To be a successful Project Engineer, you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitoring the project team.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project's status.
- Cooperating and communicating with the Project Manager and other project participants and collaborating with Senior Engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
- Establishing field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A valid Engineering license.
- 4 or more years' field and project planning experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources