Plant Operator Interview Questions:
1. When you detect a potentially dangerous problem with machinery or chemicals, what steps do you take?
Assesses the candidate's sense of urgency in a situation that could be dangerous.
2. Describe a situation in which you took charge of operating a difficult system.
Tests the candidate's ability to apply on-the-job knowledge to new systems.
3. What experience do you have in doing repair work to equipment and what tools did you use to carry out the repair?
Highlights the candidate's ability to understand the problems inherent in the job and the tools of the trade required to solve these problems.
4. When you carry out routine maintenance on equipment, how do you determine what type of work is required if the machine is faulty?
Evaluates the candidate's ability to take a logical approach to resolve problems.
5. How do you deal with a co-worker who does not take safety protocols seriously?
Determines the emphasis placed by the candidate on safety, as well as the candidate's communication skills.