Physiologist Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated physiologist to study the human body and the way it reacts in various environments, such as in water or space. The physiologist's responsibilities include conducting observations and experiments to determine the effects of internal and external environmental factors on life processes and functions.
To be successful as a physiologist, you should have keen observation, problem-solving, and analytical skills. You should also have technical skills in the use of laboratory and exercise equipment.
- Observing the human body in motion and tracking the activities of particular body systems in various environments.
- Monitoring patients during exercise or cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing and recording observations.
- Conducting research on the cellular structures and organ system functions of plants, animals, and humans.
- Performing experiments to determine the effects of internal and external environmental factors.
- Studying the glands and their relationship to bodily functions.
- Maintaining and operating medical instruments and devices.
- Studying and treating the effects of hazardous natural processes such as animal bites and plant venom and poisons.
- Working at nuclear disaster sites and decontamination areas to treat the injured.
- Identifying materials and the spread of symptoms where an agent requires identification.
- A doctoral degree in physiology or a related field.
- Experience working as a Physiologist.
- Critical-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Mathematical and technical abilities as well as computer literacy.
- Good communication and team working skills.