Phlebotomy Technicians collect blood samples from patients for testing or donations. Also known as Phlebotomists, they are responsible for the proper storage, packaging, and labeling of blood samples for laboratory work or donations.
When interviewing Phlebotomy Technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills. Be wary of candidates who lack organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Phlebotomy Technicians:
1. How would you distract and calm a young patient while puncturing the vein to collect a blood sample?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and patient service skills.
2. What methods do you use to keep your cart or station organized and quickly accessible?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills. Be wary of candidates who lack knowledge of sanitation and disposal standards.
3. What kind of information would you look for when conducting patient interviews before blood collection for donation purposes?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge, experience, and attention to detail.
4. What steps would you take if a patient was refusing to allow his or her vein to be punctured for a blood sample collection?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and patient service skills, as well as problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
5. After preparing some blood samples for testing, what steps would you take if you realized you had confused different patients' blood samples?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources