Interview Questions for PBX Operators:
1. Can you demonstrate how you'd answer an incoming external call in this role?
Evaluates the candidate's professionalism, as well as their interpersonal skills.
2. How would you handle a caller demanding to speak with someone in a meeting?
Highlights the applicant's communication and problem-solving skills.
3. Can you tell me your steps to create and maintain an accurate call directory?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and organizational skills.
4. Can you explain a few tips for taking and relaying accurate messages?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of conveying accurate messages and reveals whether they follow appropriate steps.
5. You accidentally drop a forwarded call. How do you respond?
Reveals professionally appropriate problem-solving skills, or a lack thereof.