Pattern Makers are skilled technicians who create templates that are used to mass produce products such as clothing, shoes, furniture or plasticware. Their job is to translate blueprints and design models into factory patterns using drafting software or freehand measurement techniques.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pattern Maker Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Pattern Maker to create factory patterns for our manufacturing company. In this role you will be required to study blueprints and design models, create paper templates, and design the final pattern for mass production.
To ensure success as a Pattern Maker, you should have extensive experience with pattern design, fine motor skills, and a good eye for detail. A top-class Pattern Maker perfectly translates the ideas of the designer into a reliable and repeatable pattern that can be sent to the manufacturer.
Pattern Maker Responsibilities:
- Meeting with product designers to discuss the base design.
- Reading and interpreting design models and blueprints.
- Creating rough-draft templates using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measuring, cutting, and designing patterns in the material required.
- Double-checking the pattern dimensions and style.
- Sending the initial pattern for a manufacture check.
- Meeting with designers to review the final product.
- Tweaking the pattern and filing the design.
- Reporting back to company managers.
Pattern Maker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Pattern Maker.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design models.
- Proficient with computer drafting software including CAD.
- Excellent fine motor skills.
- Experience with measuring, snipping, milling, and cutting tools.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources