Nutrition Educator Job Description Template
We are looking for a passionate nutrition educator to join our organization. In this role, you will be required to develop nutritional education courses, conduct teaching seminars, and advise the nutritional policies and practices for our organization. You will also be required to consult with clients and perform dietary assessments.
To ensure success as a nutrition educator, you should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong researching abilities. An outstanding nutrition educator should be able to develop compelling teaching programs and possess extensive knowledge of diet-related conditions.
Nutrition Educator Responsibilities:
- Conducting dietary and nutritional research to inform teaching courses, policies, and practices.
- Developing educational programs, courses, presentations, and policies.
- Facilitating teaching seminars and presentations.
- Providing educational materials and resources.
- Consulting with clients to develop diet strategies and meal plans.
- Liaising with nutritionists, doctors, and healthcare professionals to evaluate nutritional data.
- Meeting with clients for feedback and assessment.
- Generating nutritional and assessment reports.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and developments in nutrition and education.
Nutrition Educator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition sciences or dietetics.
- Dietitian certification preferred.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a nutrition educator or similar.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong researching abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.