Interview Questions for Neonatologists:
1. What method would you use to decide on a treatment and nutrition plan for a critically ill newborn?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail, and knowledge of the treatments, medications, and nutrition necessary to treat illnesses or infections.
2. What would you do if you disagreed with a treatment plan given by a supervisor?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Take note of candidates who demonstrate a lack of ability to work under pressure.
3. Have you suggested a treatment that did not work, and how did you respond?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to handle stress and learn from their mistakes.
4. What would you do if a parent was angry with you because the treatment for his or her infant was not working?
Demonstrates the candidates' interpersonal skills as well as their ability to treat their patients and family members with empathy.
5. Which tools or equipment would you expect to use when caring for a premature infant?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of medical technology and its uses.