Interview Questions for Labor and Delivery Nurses:
1. How would you deal with a mother who does not want to change her birth plan even though it is not what is medically best for her?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as empathy.
2. What would you do if you made a mistake that negatively impacted a patient?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to accept their mistakes and learn from them.
3. How would you handle a high-risk situation during birth?
Demonstrates candidates' problem solving and team working skills.
4. How would you turn a negative birthing process into a positive one?
Demonstrates candidates' empathy and communication skills.
5. What process do you use to develop a postpartum care plan for a new mother?
Demonstrates candidates' flexibility and creativity in developing individual plans.