Labor and Delivery Nurses care for expectant mothers during pregnancy, birth, and post pregnancy. They care for mothers and infants, assist physicians and midwives, and educate new mothers and their families on postpartum care.
When interviewing Labor and Delivery Nurses, look for candidates who demonstrate a strong knowledge of the industry, as well as excellent communication skills. Take note of candidates who demonstrate a lack of ability to handle stressful situations.
Interview Questions for Labor and Delivery Nurses:
1. How would you deal with a mother who does not want to change her birth plan even though it is not what is medically best for her?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as empathy.
2. What would you do if you made a mistake that negatively impacted a patient?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to accept their mistakes and learn from them.
3. How would you handle a high-risk situation during birth?
Demonstrates candidates' problem solving and team working skills.
4. How would you turn a negative birthing process into a positive one?
Demonstrates candidates' empathy and communication skills.
5. What process do you use to develop a postpartum care plan for a new mother?
Demonstrates candidates' flexibility and creativity in developing individual plans.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources