Interview Questions for Mortgage Loan Officers:
1. What type of information will you need from a client to determine if they are eligible for a loan?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of loan procedures.
2. What are the next steps after a client has been denied a loan?
Tests interpersonal and cross-selling skills.
3. How would you ensure the confidentiality of a client’s personal information?
Assesses candidate’s knowledge of industry practices and legislation.
4. How would you ensure a fast turnaround time on the applications?
Examines the candidate’s organizational skills and work ethic.
5. Discuss the most complex application you have received?
Reveals the candidate’s working method and negotiation skills.