Medical Coordinator Job Description Template
We are searching for a medical coordinator to manage and maintain the smooth operations of our facility's administration, scheduling, and patient admissions. In this role, you will be required to handle front-of-desk relations, coordinate activities with other medical professionals, and ensure that administrative tasks such as document filing are completed.
To ensure success as a medical coordinator, you should have clerical experience in the medical field, be confident in handling administrative roles, and have excellent client-relations abilities. A top-notch medical coordinator will know how to handle all of their job roles and be able to handle other administrative tasks when required.
Medical Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Receiving and answering emails, telephone calls, and mail for the facility.
- Scheduling appointments for patients, nurses, and doctors.
- Guiding staff and patients through admissions and correct medical administrative protocols
- Checking and verifying information on patient medical records.
- Monitoring other staff members' performances.
- Maintaining adequate medical supplies for the facility.
- Coordinating admissions and discharge of patients.
- Consulting with doctors and nurses about patients' medical records.
- Ensuring that forms and documents are correctly filled in.
- Handling complaints and queries professionally.
Medical Coordinator Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in health care or administration.
- At least three years' experience as a medical administrative officer or a similar role.
- Knowledge of key medical reports such as pathology reports and general-health checks.
- Excellent time management skills and organizational abilities.
- Top-notch client interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- A general understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Attention to detail and process-orientated thinking.
- An understanding of emergency protocols and safety guidelines.
- The ability to work independently and multitask.