Marine Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a precise marine engineer to manage the development of multiple maritime projects. In this role, you will oversee the research, design, and construction of marine vessels, infrastructure, and equipment. You will also conduct tests to inform the maintenance and repair of marine vehicles.
To be a successful marine engineer, you should have a strong aptitude for design and be physically fit. A top-notch marine engineer should possess excellent project management skills and the ability to supervise all aspects of maritime engineering.
Marine Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and tests to inform the design and construction of marine vehicles and equipment.
- Preparing technical reports such as research, systems diagnostics, and design analysis documentation.
- Presenting layout and engineering designs to clients and team members for analysis and feedback.
- Supervising all aspects of the design process for structural, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Overseeing the construction of marine vessels and equipment to ensure their quality and integrity.
- Performing quality control inspections and tests on all systems and equipment and installing upgrades, as needed.
- Ensuring adherence to safety precautions and project timelines.
- Training and supervising engineering teams including designers, mechanics, and construction staff.
- Performing maintenance on marine vehicles and equipment.
- Investigating and diagnosing technical issues and implementing effective repairs.
Marine Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marine engineering or similar.
- Relevant USCG engineer license.
- Professional engineer (PE) certification preferred.
- A minimum of four years' experience as a marine engineer or similar.
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, and SOLIDWORKS.
- Sound knowledge of maritime software such as HMI and PLC control systems.
- Familiarity with maritime HM&E systems and naval construction processes.
- Experience with a variety of engineering processes including mechanical, electrical, and software.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Physically fit and able to work in strenuous circumstances and harsh weather conditions.