Kitchen Designers create blueprints for kitchens based on their intended usage. Kitchen Designers may also help clients to source and oversee the operations of independent contractors such as Cabinet Makers and Plumbers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Kitchen Designer Job Description Template
We are searching for an exceptional, hands-on Kitchen Designer to create blueprints for our clients. The Kitchen Designer will be required to consider the intended purposes of each kitchen, along with clients' style preferences, when drafting such plans. You should also ensure adherence to stipulated building and safety codes during each phase of the project.
To be successful as a Kitchen Designer, you should be an expert multitasker with a knack for outstanding customer service. Invariably, a top-notch Kitchen Designer will demonstrate initiative within the confines of clients' wishes.
Kitchen Designer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to ascertain the intended functions and appearance of each space.
- Anticipating and informing clients of additional features which may be of use to them.
- Giving careful consideration to the placement of water and electrical systems to ensure safety.
- Creating a plan which details the layout and appearance of all installations and loose furniture.
- Suggesting appropriate materials and finishes.
- Assisting clients to select and supervise the work of independent contractors, so that their duties are conducted in accordance with clients' visions.
- Informing clients about appropriate care for their kitchens.
- Keeping a record of hours and activities completed to ensure that clients are billed accurately.
- Observing prescribed building and safety regulations.
Kitchen Designer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience as a Kitchen Designer.
- Familiarity with appropriate design and visualization tools.
- Catalog of completed blueprints, plus completed kitchens.
- In-depth knowledge of and strict adherence to the area's building codes.
- Top-notch communication and customer service skills.
- Active listening skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Respect for differing opinions, styles, and financial situations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources