Journeyman linemen install and maintain electrical power lines. They install overhead and underground power cables, perform maintenance on electrical installations, and restore power to individual homes and businesses that are affected by outages.
When interviewing journeyman linemen, look for candidates who possess sound knowledge of transmission and distribution lines and the ability to troubleshoot outages and restore power. Avoid candidates with limited practical experience and those with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Journeyman Linemen:
1. Can you describe your steps to access underground cables without damaging them?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and experience in interpreting power installation layouts and their ability to prevent damage or injury.
2. How do you gain access and ensure safety when working on overhead power lines?
Evaluates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience of suitable climbing gear, equipment, and safety standards.
3. Can you explain how you troubleshoot power outages at commercial buildings?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of reasons which lead to interruptions in power supply and their ability to troubleshoot outages.
4. What safety precautions may inexperienced journeyman linemen overlook?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of the dangers associated with live power lines and electrical installations, as well as their ability to prevent serious injury.
5. Can you tell me about a complex power installation you completed successfully?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of electrical installations and their ability to ensure safe and efficient power supply.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources