Journeyman Carpenter Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented journeyman carpenter to work on a variety of construction projects. As a journeyman carpenter, you will be responsible for the safe construction, installation, and repair of wooden structures. You will also be required to design and install wooden fixtures, furniture, and similar elements.
To ensure success as a journeyman carpenter, you should be able to interpret architectural blueprints and ensure the safety and quality of the final product. Ultimately, a top-notch journeyman carpenter should show exceptional attention to detail and have excellent analytical thinking abilities.
Journeyman Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting architectural blueprints, diagrams, and plans.
- Determining the type and amount of material required for each project.
- Transporting the materials and equipment to each work site.
- Constructing wooden structures such as concrete forms, frameworks, scaffolding, furniture, and similar elements.
- Installing wooden structures such as frames, stairways, rafters, furniture, and partitions.
- Inspecting the integrity of structures upon their installation.
- Monitoring inventory and replenishing supplies, as needed.
- Complying with all applicable safety regulations.
- Training and managing apprentices and subordinates.
Journeyman Carpenter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program.
- Relevant state license.
- At least three years' experience as a carpenter or similar.
- Valid driver's license and own transportation.
- Good math and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Capable of working long hours and in harsh weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, and rigging.