Framing Carpenter Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced framing carpenter to construct the framework of buildings and other structures according to construction plans. The framing carpenter's responsibilities include using plumb bobs and levels to ensure that structures are exactly vertical or horizontal, constructing window and door frames as well as staircases and flooring, and installing temporary supports for structures as required. You should also be able to hang drywall over the completed framework.
To be successful as a framing carpenter, you should be able to interpret blueprints and have sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional framing carpenter should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Framing Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyzing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analyzing construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examining building materials to identify any defects.
- Performing cleanups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Constructing wooden concrete forms to aid the construction team in erecting various concrete structures.
Framing Carpenter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree in carpentry or completion of a carpentry apprenticeship.
- Bachelor's degree in construction is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.