Inventory specialists oversee all the activities in an organization related to ordering, receiving, storing and distributing materials, equipment, merchandise, supplies and products. They usually work in warehouses and are exceptionally organized.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Inventory Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for inventory specialists who bring unwavering professionalism and meticulous accuracy to the position, and who have exceptional math and observation skills. Inventory specialists can expect to work closely with management, oversee multiple teams, develop and improve existing procedures and policies, prevent losses, and occasionally do some heavy lifting. Their other responsibilities include maintaining storage facilities, ensuring the accuracy of inventory records, compiling balance, price and cost reports, and doing weekly counts of all products.
Successful inventory specialists should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a firm grasp of basic computer programs, and an ability to work both independently and in a team. Ideal candidates will have inventory experience as well as mid-level management experience.
Inventory Specialist Responsibilities:
- Tracking inventory maintenance.
- Controlling flows of equipment and supplies.
- Reporting to management and advising on process improvements.
- Coordinating and directing multiple teams.
- Developing loss mitigation processes and protocols.
- Training less experienced inventory workers.
- Compiling inventory reports.
- Addressing any problems, obstacles or challenges.
- Forecasting future inventory requirements.
Inventory Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the field.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of word processor, database and spreadsheet software.
- Able to work weekends on occasion.