Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators use machinery to move materials and equipment in spaces like construction sites, warehouses, and factories. They may operate tow trucks, move a variety of levers, load and unload materials, and assist with waste disposal.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator to join our crew. The Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator will handle all tasks allocated by the Supervisor, which may include transporting materials, operating machinery, and using tow trucks to transport equipment. You should have good teamwork and logical thinking skills.
To be successful as an Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator, you should demonstrate good vision, hearing, and teamwork skills. Outstanding Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators are able to follow instructions in noisy environments and act appropriately during emergencies.
Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator Responsibilities:
- Understanding and performing all written and verbal instructions issued by the Supervisor.
- Operating a variety of heavy machinery that perform functions like stacking, lifting, loading, and moving.
- Coordinating with other crews like waste disposal teams.
- Using tow trucks and tractors to transport materials and heavy machinery.
- Controlling levers that operate machines designed to pull, push, or lift.
- Performing manual labor as required.
- Inspecting tractors, trucks, and other machinery for faults, and scheduling maintenance and repairs.
- Ensuring all materials are secured before transporting them.
- Observing health and safety regulations, which includes wearing the appropriate gear at all times.
Industrial Truck and Tractor Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A relevant driver’s license.
- A relevant associate’s degree may be advantageous.
- A completed apprenticeship or experience operating heavy machinery.
- The ability to identify and react appropriately to hazards.
- Good hand-eye coordination and balance.
- Practical experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment and good troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to follow instructions in stressful environments.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend, lift, and pull heavy objects.
- Strength and physical fitness.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources