Industrial Security Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a top-notch industrial security specialist to manage the integrity of our security systems. In this role, you will be required to evaluate and diagnose security flaws, manage the implementation of security systems and protocols, and ensure the integrity of both our physical and cybersecurity.
To be a successful industrial security specialist, you should have excellent problem-solving abilities and detailed experience with security management software and systems. A skilled industrial security specialist should be able to easily identify security risks and implement efficient and effective solutions.
Industrial Security Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with stakeholders, management, and security teams to evaluate and define security requirements.
- Collaborating with security officers and personnel to develop and implement security protocols and processes.
- Generating security manuals and training on security protocols and processes.
- Ensuring that all security protocols and systems comply with NISPOM requirements.
- Overseeing the installation and upgrades of both hardware and software systems.
- Maintaining all database clearances using systems such as JPAS, DISS, and e-QIP.
- Managing, coordinating, and supervising all security operations, protocols, and processes.
- Monitoring and inspecting physical and digital security systems for weaknesses, risks, threats, and attacks.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing security flaws and implementing effective interventions.
- Evaluating all contracts and security documents such as DD 254 forms and similar.
Industrial Security Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in security management, information technology, or similar.
- A minimum of five years of experience as an industrial security specialist.
- Relevant clearances and certifications such as Top Secret (TS) clearance and DoD Information Security Management certification.
- Valid driver's license and passport.
- Excellent computer and IT skills and proficiency in systems such as LSMS, SIMS, and security databases.
- Excellent understanding of NISPOM regulations.
- Good understanding of security clearance systems such as JPAS, DISS, and e-QIP,
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel, work on weekends, and after hours.