An Industrial Hygienist protects employees' health in the workplace by creating and implementing programs, policies and procedures to measure and reduce employees' exposure to physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic stress factors.
Industrial Hygienist Job Description Template
We are looking for a meticulous, dedicated Industrial Hygienist to ensure our employees' occupational health. The Industrial Hygienist will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks, and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. You will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of occupational health developments, lead biological monitoring programs, effect corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.
To ensure success you need to view your position as a calling. Top applicants are knowledgeable and have the ability to make judicious decisions.
Industrial Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Advising and collaborating with management to resolve occupational health issues.
- Creating and executing studies to monitor and assess employees' exposure to health risks, and to measure effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing biological monitoring programs.
- Assessing and analyzing research data, summarizing statistics and compiling reports.
- Proposing and leading implementation of programs to protect employee health, and implementing ergonomics.
- Conducting regular audits of programs.
- Ensuring employee awareness of occupational health and safety concerns, programs and regulations by conducting training and presentations.
- Implementing corrective actions and suspending operations if required.
- Advising various parties on workers' compensation claims pertaining to workplace exposures.
- Maintaining current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
Industrial Hygienist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification.
- 3+ years work experience in similar role.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.