An Industrial Hygienist creates and executes programs, policies and procedures to reduce a company’s employees' exposure to occupational health risks such as noise pollution. Ideal applicants are knowledgeable, organized and meticulous. Avoid sullen, confused candidates.
Industrial Hygienist Interview Questions
1. Could you give examples from past experience where you successfully managed a biological monitoring program?
The candidate will show their competency in overseeing a biological monitoring program that meets all necessary criteria, including compliance with employees' rights.
2. How have you provided technical expertise pertaining to safety data sheets in previous positions?
The applicant's answer will display their technical abilities as an Industrial Hygienist.
3. In which instances would you deem it necessary to order the suspension of our operations?
The potential hire’s answer will demonstrate their ability to make prudent decisions and to protect your employees' occupational health.
4. Do you have proficient communication skills, and why would you say so?
The applicant needs to convince you of their communication skills as they are required to advise and train a wide range of stakeholders in their capacity as an Industrial Hygienist.
5. Are you a proficient multi-tasker, and why?
An Industrial Hygienist needs to apply themselves in a wide variety of job responsibilities simultaneously, such as giving legal advice, training staff, conducting research and studies, and creating and implementing policies.