Interview Questions for Hospice Aids
1. What do you consider to be the three most important characteristics of a hospice aid?
Evaluates the candidate's understanding of the role and its requirements.
2. How would you deal with a patient who refuses to acknowledge that death is close?
Assesses the candidate's communication skills and ability to deal with difficult issues.
3. How would you deal with a patient who consistently refuses to comply with your instructions?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills.
4. Can you tell me about a time you had to handle an emergency with a patient?
Indicates the ability of the hospice aid to remain calm and collected in a difficult situation.
5. What are some of the highlights of your job?
Assesses the candidate's character and suitability for the job.