Forestry Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented forestry technician who will be responsible for the collection of data, as well as the protection and maintenance of the natural environment. Forestry technicians are expected to manage and protect the forests and natural resources, regulate enforcement, and work on fire suppression.
The ideal candidate will be an outdoors person, able to work in isolation or in close contact with the public. A forestry technician should be prepared to work in a wide range of positions, from the scientific collection and study of data to the management of campgrounds and recreational areas.
Forestry Technician Responsibilities:
- Collecting, testing, and analyzing animal and plant samples.
- Using test results for insect and disease control.
- Researching wildlife for conservation.
- Managing and protecting natural resources.
- Conducting environmental impact studies.
- Enforcing rules and regulations of campgrounds and other recreational areas.
- Educating the community on conservation and fire safety.
Forestry Technician Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in the natural sciences.
- Experience in Forestry or a related field.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- The ability to work in isolation or in contact with the public.
- Good communication and mathematical skills.