Financial Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a trustworthy financial clerk to assist our company's financial department. As a financial clerk, you will be required to update and maintain our financial database and records, perform regular audits and account reconciliations, and provide customer support.
To ensure success as a financial clerk, you should be mathematically and analytically minded and demonstrate accuracy in your work. A skilled financial clerk should demonstrate detailed knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes and be able to quickly identify financial discrepancies.
Financial Clerk Responsibilities:
- Preparing and processing financial documents such as bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Updating and maintaining the database, financial records, and filing systems.
- Tracking and monitoring financial transactions.
- Reviewing financial records, documents, and information to ensure their accuracy.
- Performing account reconciliations and audits.
- Reporting financial discrepancies, errors, and customer complaints to the supervisor.
- Compiling financial spreadsheets, reports, statements, and other documents, as needed.
- Providing customer service by answer questions and resolving queries and issues.
- Ensuring that the financial office supplies are maintained.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as filling out forms, filing, and answering phone calls and emails.
Financial Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a financial clerk.
- CPA certification is advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software such as Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage.
- Excellent financial and mathematical skills.
- Good understanding of financial and bookkeeping processes and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.