Financial clerks, or finance clerks, perform a variety of financial administrative tasks, including managing and updating records, processing invoices, and tracking transactions. They prepare and process transactions, review financial documents and information, and interact with customers to resolve any problems or queries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Financial Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a trustworthy financial clerk to assist our company's financial department. As a financial clerk, you will be required to update and maintain our financial database and records, perform regular audits and account reconciliations, and provide customer support.
To ensure success as a financial clerk, you should be mathematically and analytically minded and demonstrate accuracy in your work. A skilled financial clerk should demonstrate detailed knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes and be able to quickly identify financial discrepancies.
Financial Clerk Responsibilities:
- Preparing and processing financial documents such as bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Updating and maintaining the database, financial records, and filing systems.
- Tracking and monitoring financial transactions.
- Reviewing financial records, documents, and information to ensure their accuracy.
- Performing account reconciliations and audits.
- Reporting financial discrepancies, errors, and customer complaints to the supervisor.
- Compiling financial spreadsheets, reports, statements, and other documents, as needed.
- Providing customer service by answer questions and resolving queries and issues.
- Ensuring that the financial office supplies are maintained.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as filling out forms, filing, and answering phone calls and emails.
Financial Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of experience working as a financial clerk.
- CPA certification is advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software such as Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage.
- Excellent financial and mathematical skills.
- Good understanding of financial and bookkeeping processes and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources