Financial Auditor Job Description Template:
We are searching for a financial auditor to investigate, audit, and take account of financial records for our clients. In this role, you will plan and engage in financial assessments of business processes, debts, and assets, and determine financial standings while ensuring that best accounting and auditing practices are followed at all times.
To ensure success as a financial auditor, you must be skilled in accounting practices, have an extensive understanding of financial legislation, and be adept at analyzing large volumes of data. A top-notch financial auditor can work independently and understands all of the required processes involved in completing successful financial audits.
Financial Auditor Responsibilities:
- Researching companies in detail prior to commencing the auditing process.
- Planning financial audits of businesses from start to finish.
- Collecting, preparing, and organizing physical and digital documentation for auditing processes.
- Identifying key areas and issues for further investigation and analysis.
- Assessing core business competencies and valuations.
- Evaluating figures, accounts, and statements with other auditing clerks, internal auditors, and tax officers.
- Verifying documents, figures, and account details for auditing.
- Assisting other stakeholders in determining valuations, figures, and projections.
- Compiling and presenting findings in written and verbal forms to senior members of the auditing team.
- Recommending and advising on subsequent actions and processes to be undertaken by the business.
Financial Auditor Requirements:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or accounting sciences.
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor, or similar.
- At least 3 years experience as a financial accountant, financial analyst or business accountant.
- A thorough understanding of key areas such as risk, compliance, and financial legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software such as Sage Pastel, SAP, or similar systems.
- Impeccable organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work according to tight deadlines.
- Proficient at detailed report writing and presentation.
- Exceptional financial research training and abilities.