Engineering consultants use their technical and engineering knowledge to offer clients advice and expertise on proposed engineering and production processes. They plan technical solutions, manage projects, and maintain client relationships.
When interviewing engineering consultants look for candidates with additional experience in sales and advanced project management skills. Avoid candidates with limited knowledge of computer design software and those with limited team management experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
1. What advice would you give a client looking to reduce costs by instituting production automation?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of engineering practices and the ability to translate technical information into layman's terms.
2. What factors do you consider when determining the feasibility of an engineering project?
Highlights the candidate’s analytical and design skills.
3. A client is unhappy with the advice you gave, how do you respond?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and problem-solving skills.
4. What techniques do you use to maintain strong client relationships?
Highlights the candidate's sales and interpersonal skills.
5. Can you describe a successful engineering project you project managed for a client?
Demonstrates industry experience and highlights the candidate’s technical abilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources