Dietary Managers typically work in hospitals as food specialists who oversee the management of a kitchen facility. Their primary responsibilities include managing daily food service operations, recruiting dietary staff and interacting with customers to ensure satisfaction.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dietary Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for candidates with management experience and excellent organizational skills for the position of Dietary Manager. Dietary Managers are responsible for interacting and communicating with clients, understanding client health concerns and dietary requirements and ensuring food preparation follows strict health guidelines, among other duties.
Dietary Managers will need to plan staff working schedules and operate within a budget, requiring good organizational and numerical skills.
Dietary Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing daily food service operations.
- Interviewing, recruiting, training and firing staff.
- Interacting with customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Organizing staff working schedules.
- Offering nutritional consulting to customers.
- Carrying out inventory management.
- Establishing a budget and working within its confines.
- Purchasing supplies and equipment for operations.
- Designing standards and procedures for food preparation.
- Developing client-specific dietary programs and diverse eating options.
- Ensuring safe storage and preparation of food.
Dietary Manager Requirements:
- Certification by the Association of Nutrition and Food Service Professionals.
- Completion of a Certified Dietary Manager Exam.
- 2+ years in food service management.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.