Interview Questions for Desktop Support Engineers:
1. What skills do you think a desktop support engineer needs to be successful?
Demonstrates an understanding of the position and highlights the candidate’s skills.
2. What information should you ask for when diagnosing IT support requests?
Demonstrates knowledge of IT support best practices.
3. How do you deal with rude or disgruntled clients?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. What would you do if you were unable to resolve a software issue for a client?
Demonstrates the candidate’s troubleshooting skills.
5. How do you stay up to date with the latest hardware and software systems?
Indicates the candidate’s passion for IT and techniques used to stay relevant in the field.