Desktop Support Engineers provide technical support for clients experiencing basic IT issues. They assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, desktop management, and networking issues. Desktop Engineers often travel to client locations when it is not possible to sort out issues via remote connection.
When interviewing Desktop Support Engineers, preferred candidates will have extensive knowledge of hardware and software systems, good communication skills, and the ability to solve complex IT issues. Be wary of candidates who display poor interpersonal skills and those who are unable to work independently.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Desktop Support Engineers:
1. What skills do you think a Desktop Support Engineer needs to be successful?
Demonstrates an understanding of the position and highlights the candidate’s skills.
2. What information should you ask for when diagnosing IT support requests?
Demonstrates knowledge of IT support best practices.
3. How do you deal with rude or disgruntled clients?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. What would you do if you were unable to resolve a software issue for a client?
Demonstrates the candidate’s troubleshooting skills.
5. How do you stay up to date with the latest hardware and software systems?
Indicates the candidate’s passion for IT and techniques used to stay relevant in the field.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources